Due to the change in computer systems, we are unable to process repeat prescriptions until 21st August 2019.
You are still able to request medication through the website but please be aware that this will not be processed until 21st August 2019.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and please bear with us during this time.
Further to informing you of the forthcoming change to our clinical system (computer system that we use to hold patient information) this summer, we wanted to share some upgrade dates for you to be aware of:
- Tuesday 20th August – WE GO LIVE – so there may be some reductions in services that day.
- From Tuesday 13th August – we will have restricted access to the current system.
- Prescription requests – we have tried to provide double (i.e. 2 months) for some prescriptions, if you need a prescription before 23rd August please request by 7th August.
- Appointments – we will have a limited service for appointments between 12th and 23rd August.
- Test Results – please do not request test results between 9th and 21st August, any results that are requiring attention/follow up will be dealt with by our team.
- Referrals – any referrals required between 12th and 20th August will be processed as soon as possible after 21st August. Please be reassured we will not delay any urgent referrals.
- New Registrations – we will not be able to register any new patients between 6th and 20th August. If you are new to the practice and need to be seen you will be seen on the day and will need to complete a temporary patient form. Full registrations of patients will commence again after 20th August.
- Online services – will cease from 31st July and we will resume as soon as we can after 20th August. Although after this date, we will be switching to NHS App., you can log onto it now but wont be able to connect until end August.
As you can imagine there is a rigorous process required to prepare the data, check the system, old and new in addition to all the staff training to ensure we are all up to speed by the time we go live.
Please can we assure you that we are doing everything we can to minimise the impact to our patients and to allow as smooth a transition as possible but as with any kind of major change, we must anticipate that there will be some disruption so please bear with us and accept our apologies in advance.
We are terribly sorry for all this inconvenience and thank you for your co-operation. We do believe that the new system will be more efficient and effective for you as patients and for us as a practice. We hope that it will enable us to move forwards to the new ways of working for the future and to be better connected locally and nationally with NHS services.
The Burdwood Team