We hope you are keeping well in these difficult times. We thought it might be useful to update you with what we currently know.
Local Covid levels
- In the last week, levels of Covid-19 in Thatcham are around 2 to 3 times higher than in the previous week, based on government data coronavirus.data.gov.uk/interactive-map
- Hopefully this is a short term upswing in levels, but please be appropriately cautious.
- We hope to start vaccinating eligible patients against Covid-19 in January 2021.
- The site for the vaccination centre is still to be determined, but should be in the Newbury area.
- More information to answer your questions about the vaccine is available at: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus-vaccine
- Please do not phone us to discuss Covid-19 vaccination availability; we will contact you when you are eligible.
If you would still like a flu vaccination, we have plenty of stock and would still recommend this, if you are eligible on the NHS. Information available at: www.nhs.uk/flu-influenza-vaccine
Over the next couple of weeks, we ask that you do what you can to try to reduce further local upswing in Covid-19 infection rates. Follow Government guidelines and keep safe and well: Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support – GOV.UK
Hopefully the end of this pandemic is in sight, please bear with us over the next few months if we seem more busy than usual.
We hope you have a healthy festive period and New Year.
Burdwood Surgery Team
Thank you for your continued support through this difficult year.
Please feel free to let us know if there are ways we can improve how we help you – feedback via our website Burdwood Surgery or if you prefer Facebook: @Burdwood or you can email us at email@example.com